Passport to World Flavors
A 5 week promotion showcasing the variety of foods and drinks available at Mixed Company, A Kava House in Crosby, Minnesota – making them a special stop for tourists and locals alike. In the wake of Minnesota road construction the goal was to reward customer loyalty, and make Mixed Co. stand-out among competition to new travelers during the tourist season.
• Increase Facebook followers and increase engagement.
• Increase brand awareness that Mixed Co. is more than just a coffee stop, offering signature paninis, home baked breads, pastries & treats paired with drinks from an affagato, matcha, espresso and fresh brewed coffee to Italian soda, sparkling tea and Kava.
• Introduction of Kava to Minnesota, a unique tea offered at roughly 150 places in the U.S. with Mixed Co. being the first in Minnesota.
The idea was to encourage patrons to try 5 weeks of flavors by stopping by each week at Mixed Co., the themed destination for food and drink specials, and getting their passport “stamped” by checking-in to Mixed Co. on Facebook. Weekly specials featured signature dishes and beverages from New York, New Orleans, Fiji, Italy and Croatia.
Supporting Collateral included:
• Promotional logo to include a heraldic sea lion (representing the Crosby area’s mascot on Serpent Lake) and a Unicorn symbolizing that all are welcome at Mixed Company’s tables, directly reflecting the name itself.
• 3-sided table tents communicating the dates, specials and QR code to a one-click Facebook check-in. These were also utilized to share the story of their famed “CRUNA” a homemade and customer-named pastry.
• Informative posters explaining the history of the new Kava tea featured.
• Customized animated graphics for Facebook ads, page design and posts featuring each inspired location.
• Photography with a simplified and uncluttered view of highlighted items.
• Little touches of each destination were spotted from a New York skyline featured on the sidewalk chalkboard menu, sandwich flags for Croatia and even a Pineapple mascot for Fiji that made it’s way around town and landed at Mixed Co.
As a result, Facebook fans increased with page reach as far as 11.2K people and with the introduction of Kava, a new audience was gained.